Thursday, March 26, 2020

Pandemic Journal March 22 & 25th

Sunday, March 22nd

Shelter In Place order. Day 9 for the Shah family.
When will the other states follow? How much will it help if only some are
doing it?


Wednesday, March 25th
Glorious sun today! And temperatures above 50 degrees. N. and I rode our bikes probably seven miles, did sidewalk chalk and chatted with neighbors who passed by. My dad stopped by and we talked on the driveway. The turkey vultures swooped over our heads, enjoying the warmth on
their widespread wings. Do they notice anything different about the creatures that live below
them? Do they have any curiosity about us? There is surely less roadkill for them to consume
with so many less cars on the road.
The lovely weather was worrisome though. It made us forget, I think. Forget that we are under
a Shelter in Place order, forget that we should keep some distance, be careful about what we are
touching out there. 
We rode our bikes to our little downtown area that is being built up and modernized. It was
teeming with people. The young adults scared me the most; they stood close, they threw balls,
they jostled each other. 
I hate these details that come to my attention now. I am constantly aware of my proximity to
everyone and everyone’s proximity to each other. 
I read Prince Charles has the virus. I'm heartened that it sounds like he is doing okay with it
though.
We enjoyed the weather to the fullest and now I am tuckered out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment