Saturday, March 28, 2020

Pandemic Journal Friday, March 27th

Do you know anyone who has it?
I am asked this, as I am sure everyone is.
By some people, I am asked in a way that
suggests whether this is a real thing or not.
By others, I am asked out of a sense of curiosity;
we all want to know if someone has experienced
this firsthand. We all want to hear how others have coped and fared. 
Do you know anyone who has it?
I don’t. But the degrees are getting closer everyday. 
A woman on my catchibol team(early 40s?) is a pediatric nurse at Children’s, showing
symptoms, currently quarantined from her family, awaiting test results.
Our former, beloved, piano teacher, whose husband is a professor of Russian literature at
OSU, and their young children, have been terribly ill for a week and are also awaiting
test results.
Our neighbor’s cousin (early 50s) in Chicago has it.
A friend of a friend in Boston (late 40s) has it.
Do you know anyone who has it?
No, and I hope I won't, and I hope the best for those of you who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment