Sunday, April 26, 2020

Pandemic Journal April 27 Hang in There

How is everyone doing?
I think we've been such good citizens. I am shocked at how obedient most of us have been. We will all deserve a reward after this.
Schools have been officially closed for the rest of the rest of the school year. Graduations have been cancelled after having been postponed.

Our state leaders are warming us up for a boring, cautious summer.
Mouth Flies Open: DFO Advice From Behind Door Number 6 – [DOOR ...
I'm thinking to start shopping now for a blowup pool and Splish n' Splash sprinkler before they are all sold out or on the black market like puzzles and sidewalk chalk.
Our school districts and universities are preparing us for school to look very different come August.

We are tired of this. Tired of being with the same few people 24/7, tired of letting our grocery and essential items list grow until we are forced to go out, tired of being separated from loved ones and tired of yoga pants and sweats (wait, did I say that?)    These are the 43 best COVID-19 memes for the week of March 27 ...

We ask ourselves, how long? is this really helping?
I have to trust those in charge (well... discerningly) and those who know more than I do. If our states and countries around the world are insisting we sacrifice our economic well-being, then I have to assume it is for good reason.

We have to stay strong.

We still don't know all there is to know about this virus, we are learning new things all the time.
It's hard to make such drastic adjustments for an enemy you can't see. But watch the local news stories of the virus ripping through families or tearing through elderly care facilities.

The caveat to this post thus far is that I know this is easier for me:
My family is economically sound
I am an introvert
I don't get bored
I am a rule-follower
My worst fears are a zombie apocalypse and a pandemic
For people who are economically distressed, haven't seen The Walking Dead, are living alone, or just need interaction, I realize it's so much harder.
Walking Dead' director talks action, emotion




If you are bored and antsy and you want to get out there, I urge you to suit up and volunteer
There are so many ways to help: delivering groceries, working with food banks, virtual tutoring, etc. 
If you live in an affluent area, there might still be areas of need, but if not, go outside your area. 
Here are organizations that will match you up with opportunities in your area:
https://www.neighborhoodbridges.org/ (in select areas of the country only)
https://www.allforgood.org/
https://www.idealist.org/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment