Friday, April 24, 2020

The Thursday Three on FRIDAY: What's Cooking

3 things I’m cooking:

# 1
   Soups
Mexican Red Lentil Stew with Lime and Cilantro close-up photo
Mexican Red Lentil Soup

Overhead image of the pot of Healthy Minestrone Soup with a big wooden spoon in it.
Quinoa Minestrone



# 2

        Chinese Food:


Honey Ginger Tofu Stir Fry


ExtraVegetable Fried Rice
Other Asian Recipes:
Thai Coconut and Peanut Butter Curry
Kung-Pao Chickpeas




*there are so many variations of Buddha Bowl that's it hard to have a recipe. You go with what you've got. I always have a grain, roasted veggies and tofu. I often have fresh greens and some kind of bean.



*Bonus*
Treats:
Cashew/Bulletproof Cafe Mocha:
This is a recipe I made up. I make a batch, store it in a large jar and use it throughout the week. Play around with the amounts to your own taste.
3 cups of coffee
1/4-1/2 cup of cashews (raw, salted and/or roasted all work)*
5-8 dates (depending on how sweet you want it)
1-2 TBS of cocoa
1 TBS coconut oil or MCT oil or ghee
a crack of salt
optional: vanilla
Put it all in a blender (Vitamix works best to really smooth the cashews & dates). Blending it all together creates a creamy latte effect and works so much better than just adding nut milk in your coffee.
 *I soak my cashews in the coffee/water for a bit before blending.

Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt Bread: 
I use 1/2 AP and 1/2 wheat. 
I use the full amount of sweetener called for, it's necessary and still not too sweet.
https://www.runningwithspoons.com/double-chocolate-greek-yogurt-banana-bread/

       

1 comment:

  1. 😳😳😳😳😳🙊🤢

    ReplyDelete