Saturday, May 2, 2020

Pandemic Journal May 2nd-Restless

Getting restless now. 
Are you?
I feel like I'm waiting. But, waiting for what? 
I'm waiting for the next call or text from a friend.
I'm waiting for a change. I'm waiting for big news.       
I'm waiting for the next Bookstagram with a fascinating book I want to read but can't because the libraries are closed and the bookstores are taking forever to ship (I don't know about Amazon).
I'm waiting for something to happen.


The Persistence of Memory Painting By Salvador Dali - Reproduction ...
The Persistence of Memory, 1931
It's hard to sit still. It's hard to finish projects. (I've left this post three times already and the broom sits in the kitchen and a bowl of dry ingredients sits waiting for the wet.)

I'm questioning authorities. Why can't the elderly and compromised stay quarantined and those who aren't go ahead and go about their lives and just be careful?
But then again, what does careful even mean?
There's been just over 1,000 deaths from the virus in Ohio. Thousands more are infected and apparently thousands more don't know they are infected. And these are low numbers compared with many other states and many other countries.
Head Exploding, 1951 by Salvador Dali
Head Exploding, 1951
So, I'm just going to learn crochet chaining and help out a mask maker. And that's how this post ends.

The Broken Bridge and the Dream, 1945 by Salvador Dali
The Broken Bridge and the Dream, 1945
*Salvador Dali images in honor of the surreal times we are living in (and because any excuse to add Dali to anything is a good thing--more on him later).

No comments:

Post a Comment