Monday, May 11, 2020

Pandemic Journal May 11: Finding a New Groove

We were in a groove there for awhile.
We were doing our own things, then coming together to eat lunch and dinner and to play games or watch a movie or just hang out together. It was actually pretty nice.
That has slowly eroded over the last few weeks went on, and we are watching our own shows on different TVs, going for walks at separate times, talking on the phone with our friends in our closets, even eating at different times.
Do Bookstagrammers Need To Read The Books They Use In Posts?
A beautiful bookstagram post-not mine.
I was on my phone texting and on Instagram way too much. I experimented with Bookstagramming but discovered it is not my thing (you have to have a little Martha Stewart in you to be successful and I DO NOT).
I'd hardly see my teenager throughout the day, if I didn't go into her room to pester her.
We are in the same house but not engaged with one another.

I finished my short story then finished the first round of edits. I had nothing to work on--rather nothing I wanted to work on.
I am trying to get involved with another story needing revision but I am on autopilot, my heart isn't in it.
I feel useless, what is there to do?
Who needs me?
We need a change.   
I need to get my family re-engaged; watch a common show, have movie nights again, play some different games, bake chocolate chip cookies together.
Ellen's hilarious Heads Up! game goes FREE on iOS/Android - 9to5Toys
Watch out kids-things are about to get wild!









I need a list (I function so much better with lists).

To-Do List Week of May 11th:                                       
Louis is getting all the love though!

Graduation video for friend
Read short stories for writing group
Critique at least one member's submission
Revise 'The Ruins'
Make muffins
Go through junk pile
Get paint for kitchen
Video for boss retiring
Yoga I  I  I
Cardio/Weights I  I  I
Write blog post

1 comment:

  1. You were right - laptop worked! :) I can definitely relate to seeing the family time wane over the past few weeks - you're inspiring me to make a change!

    ReplyDelete